Cash's 2nd birthday has come and gone and we are half way through July. Craziness! Cash's birthday was spectacular and I actually enjoyed it more than his 1st birthday. His 1st birthday was overwhelming and I put too much stress on myself. It was also fun because he was into opening his presents and playing and being with friends. It was pretty fun to see.
Now we are onto the next thing... buying a house! It is pretty exciting but as with most things, I wish the timing was a bit better, but it will of course all work out. I am not going to lie, I am getting pretty excited about decorating and doing updates. It will be fun to go through the making a house a home journey. I may need to get a 4th job to pay for everything though! :)
I am also going to start the Whole30 soon while trying to rid my body of Candida. I am excited to do the Whole30 and I am excited to get rid of the Candida overgrowth but I am kinda of dreading the die off effects that are common when getting rid of Candida. I am slowly starting to ween off coffee, fruits and white potatoes in hopes that will help the die off effects not be so bad. We will see, I will keep you all posted!
I also purchased a Candida Cleanse to help with the removal too. I am also doing Raw Apple Cider Vinegar shots, eating lots of fermented foods, taking probiotics, taking raw garlic and plan to add Lemon and Lavender Oil to the mix as well. Am I missing anything? If you have experience with getting rid of Candida comment below and let me know what worked for you!
So in preparing for the cleanse and doing the Whole30 I am putting together some staples to help me get through it successfully. This almond butter is a staple in our house. It is hands down the best almond butter I have ever had. It is smooth and creamy with a hint of cinnamon. So. stinking. good. I have made another one in the past but to be honest I used a little too much coconut oil and while it was still good, the extra coconut oil made it harden if it was cold and it didn't let the almonds really shine through.
The key is to let the food processor do the work and keep scraping down the sides. Now I have a regular food processor, so it took about 30 minutes (not all hands on time) to get a real smooth and creamy almond butter. If you have a high speed blender or food processor it should only take around 10 minutes. Be patient, is all I have to say. It will be worth it!
Almond Butter 2.0
- 1 lb almonds
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Add almonds a food processor or high speed blender, turn on allowing the almonds to get broken down. Continuously scrape down the sides.
- Once the almonds are really broken down, add the coconut oil and cinnamon.
- Continue to scrape down the sides until you get a smooth and creamy almond butter.
- If you feel like you need more coconut oil to help the almonds break down even further to get a smoother almond butter then add a little bit more. Be careful not to add too much coconut oil though. If you keep the almond butter in the refrigerator or the temperatures are cooler a lot of extra coconut oil will result in a hard almond butter. The 1 tsp allows for a smooth and creamy almond butter.
- Enjoy and keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.